The Benefits of Breastfeeding for Both Mother and Baby
Breastfeeding is an invaluable experience for mothers and their babies. It offers many advantages, both for the mother and the child, and is among the best sources of nutrition for a newborn baby. Here are some of the benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and baby.
Benefits for the Mom
- Help to Lose Weight Post Pregnancy: Nursing can shave off up to 500 calories a day, helping to melt away those extra pounds gained during pregnancy.
- Cheaper Than Formula: Breastfeeding is free and can save a lot of cash.
- Health Benefits: Breastfeeding helps to reduce mother’s risk of developing certain cancers and type 2 diabetes.
- Bonding Time: Breastfeeding provides an amazing opportunity to bond with your baby as well as teaching them to trust and rely on you.
Benefits for the Baby
- Nutrition: Breast milk offers balanced nutrition and holds a number of health benefits for babies.
- Immune System Support: Breast milk is packed with antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria.
- Digestion Benefits: The nutrients in breast milk help hot to digest food more efficiently and absorb more of the vitamins and minerals from the food they eat.
- Emotional Development: The connection between mother and baby during breastfeeding fosters an emotional bond, providing security and self-confidence into your baby’s future.
In conclusion, both mom and her baby can take advantage of the special bond and health benefits of breastfeeding. For mothers, it helps to reduce the risk of some lifestyle diseases and for babies, its packed with essential antibodies that help to support the developing immune system. Breastfeeding is the best start for any baby and is one of the most amazing things moms can do for their child.