Preparing for your baby’s first doctor visit
Bringing baby to the doctor for the first visit can feel daunting. To make sure you have a great experience, preparation is key. Here are a few tips:
Before baby’s appointment
- Make sure to bring any medical records from the hospital for the pediatrician to review.
- Write down questions you have for the doctor.
- Pack distractions like toys and snacks in case your baby gets fussy.
- Plan for extra time to support a comfortable and stress-free experience.
At the appointment
- Dress baby in easy-to-change clothes.
- Let the doctor know about any changes or concerns you may have.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions regarding feeding, napping and activity.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions.
The doctor’s office can be an overwhelming place for a baby, but with some planning and preparation, you can help make the visit a success. With the right preparation, your doctor’s visit can be a calming and enjoyable experience.